David is a Director of the firm with over 20 years’ experience in tax and business consulting. Prior to joining the firm David worked with Ernst & Young, Deloitte, PwC and several boutique firms, specialising in Indirect Tax.
At Ecovis Clark Jacobs David enjoys the greater depth and personal involvement required in consulting and advising for high-net-worth family groups and SMEs across a diverse range of industries, and their varying structural, taxation and planning issues.
In addition, David is a member of the Ecovis International Accounting Task Force.
Prior to entering the accounting profession, David was an architect with an international firm, where he gained significant experience in project management on large commercial projects.
David’s varied career has given him a unique perspective and an understanding that irrespective of one’s profession, the common factors of tailored, client-focussed and practical problem-solving, are the key to adding value and meeting clients’ needs.
Subsidiaries of Foreign Parents
Advising subsidiaries of foreign parents on structuring for establishment in Australia, in the context of both Australian tax law and the critical issue of Transfer-Pricing/BEPS. Further, advising and assisting those subsidiaries in all aspects of local day-to-day operations including banking, bookkeeping, accounting, payroll etc.
Assisting the above subsidiaries in satisfying their Australian corporate law obligations and ASIC compliance, as well as facilitating local interface with banks and other service providers.
Substantial Family Groups
Advising high-net-worth family groups on all aspects of structuring for asset protection, tax efficiency, inter-generational/succession planning.
Get in Touch
Areas of Expertise
- Structuring for optimal tax and asset protection
- Taxation Advisory
- International Tax
- Business Restructure
- Business planning, wealth accumulation and retirement planning.
- Start-ups and the R&D Tax Incentives
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Masters of Accounting (Macquarie University)
- Postgraduate Diploma of Management (MGSM)
- Bachelor of Architecture (University of Sydney)
- Bachelor of Science (Architecture) (University of Sydney)
- Registered Tax Agent
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Affiliate Member
- The Taxation Institute, Associate Member
- Australian Institute of Company Directors